- This event has passed.
3D Printing & Design with Interdisciplinary Applications
November 4 - November 8
Overview of the Course:
This course aims at responding to the perceived gap between imparting the theoretical knowledge and exposure to the hands-on practice in modern design methods and 3D Printing. The goal of this course is to provide the participants with an opportunity to conceive design and implement products quickly and effectively using the 3D Printing technology. This course is also focused to explore interdisciplinary applications including medical 3D printing challenges and research issues in current scenario.
Objectives of the Course:
The course is designed to impart knowledge and skills related to 3D printing technologies, selection of material and equipment and develop a product using this technique in Industry 4.0 environment.
- Develop CAD models for 3D printing.
- Import and export CAD data, generate .stl file and data processing.
- Knowledge of 3D Printing material for the given application.
- Various 3D printing processes and appropriate selection for specific application.
- Produce a product using 3D Printing or Additive Manufacturing (AM).
- Reverse Engg. application in 3D Printing.
- Medical applications of 3D printing, challenges and research issue
The Institute is successfully meeting the objective of producing skilled technocrats of the highest quality who are able to take up the challenges of the industries and research organizations of the country. MANIT offers various undergraduate and post graduate courses and research programs. Our bright students with excellent technical skills have always been contributed to the successes of various sections towards the technical group. The total area of campus is 650 acres and protected by boundary wall and ring road. The entire campus consists of administrative and academic building, workshop, library and community centre, residential area accommodation for students and staff and other general amenities such as post office, shopping complex, a school for children, dispensary, an auditorium with the capacity of 1000 p.