- This event has passed.
Engineering Design Using Drafting and 3D-modeling
November 9 - November 13
- The basic outcomes of the STTP is to develop skill of drafting and 3d modeling for representing designs/communicating innovative ideas by sketch or as digital model:
- To acquire knowledge of the general concept of engineering communication
- To Solve and analyse engineering problems in a project work/research work through
- AutoCAD/Inventor and other related software
- To develop the skill for generating documents for outputs of solved engineering problems.
- Introduction to Drafting software presenting their capabilities.
- Introduction to 3D modeling software for creating digital models
- Exposure of Drawing tools with various options
- Exposure of modification and snap tools with various options
- Exposure of Drawing environment for various applications
- Exposure of CAD commands with various options
- Exposure of Engineering Features in 3Dmodeling
- Creation and generation of drawings
- Creation of assemble and its animation
The institute was established as one of the Regional Engineering Colleges in 1961 and upgraded as a ‘National Institute of Technology by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India on 4 th October 2002. It offers six UG programmes and, seventeen PG programmes and PhD programme in all disciplines. It is one of the pioneering institutions and has contributed many outstanding engineers in India and abroad. The institute has an excellent placement record with a number of top ranking companies visiting the campus every year.