- This event has passed.
FUNDAMENTALS TO PRACTICE WITH FUTURE RESEARCH POTENTIAL AND RECOMMENDATIONS
October 28 - November 1
About The Course:
3D Printing, also known as Additive Manufacturing, is one of the latest drivers inAdvanced Manufacturing. The manufacturing industry considers 3D printing as adisruptive technology which could lead to the next industrial revolution, by changing theway we manufacture products. Compared to traditional manufacturing methods, 3Dprinting technology offers high flexibility in producing parts with complex designfeatures for niche applications. Industries such as Aerospace, Medical, Automotive, andTooling are the early adapters of this technology to tap the potential for maximizing theproduction efficiency.
This course is aimed at giving a fundamental understanding on the state-of-the-arttechnology, all the way leading to practical implementation of the technology forindustrial application. Focus will be on describing all the different processes under the umbrella of 3D printing technologies, which covers both polymer and metal based systems. Other topics include; Design fundamentals for 3D printing, Materials and Process selection, Quality and safety aspects, 3D printing standards development, and Recommendations for research potential in the field of 3D printing. Industrial case studies will be used to demonstrate how the technology has been implemented at various application segments. Understanding possibilities for manufacturing of these new components.
The objectives are:
- Increase the footfalls of reputed international faculty in the Indian academic institutes.
- Provide opportunity to our faculty to learn and share knowledge and teaching skills in cutting edge areas.
- To provide opportunity to our students to seek knowledge and experience from reputed International faculty.
- To create avenue for possible collaborative research with the international faculty
- To increase participation and presence of international students in the academic Institutes.
- Opportunity for the students of different Institutes/Universities to interact and learn subjects in niche areas through collaborative learning process.
- Provide opportunity for the technical persons from Indian Industry to improve understandings and update their knowledge in relevant areas.
- Motivate the best international experts in the world to work on problems related to India.
- Develop high quality course material in niche areas, both through video and print that can be used by a larger body of students and teachers.
- To document and develop new pedagogic methods in emerging topics of national and international interest.