This engineer will be responsible for engineering design of Portescap gearbox to serve core market customers. Duties will include development of technical proposals, in depth gearbox analysis, presentation to customers, coordinating project activities, testing and evaluation of systems.
This position will have a heavy emphasis on high level technical contribution to design gearbox, test plans / systems and interface with customers on detailed design proposals. The successful candidate will be required to work closely with the R&D manager, chief engineers, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, commercial team, operations and the end customer. A high degree of direct interaction with the customer is expected and to represent Portescap as a topic expert in gearbox design and application. Portescap is an Altra (AIMC) company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
New Product Design & Development:
- Gear profile selection and optimization (knowledge of KissSoft would be a plus), full gearbox mechanical assembly design including CAD. Tolerances stack analysis. Bearing selection and assembly. Know-how in material selection and tribology (friction and lubrication). Familiarity with state of the art gearbox design.
- Specification review and negotiation, communication of design intent to the customer, design conceptualization and in-depth design analysis.
- Lead Design for Reliability activities related to proactive gearbox design including FMEA, cross functional design reviews and development of test plans and equipment.
- Lead product development group in technology plan and research/analysis.
- Ensure design work is properly documented per toll gate and prototype processes
- Specify and/or design, setup and troubleshoot test equipment in lab and factory settings to validate the product
- Help operations with product and equipment troubleshooting, support failure analysis including discussion with customers and help resolve vendor quality issues.
- Support new vendor qualification.
- Travel to manufacturing site in Mumbai, India, as necessary.
- Engineering degree in Mechanical Engineering and 2+ years of experience in related gearbox product design and project management. Advanced degree preferred.
- Written and verbal fluency in both English and French required.
- Knowledgeable in DFMEA, lean manufacturing processes and demonstrated track record of releasing new products to market meeting quality and cost objectives through operations and full qualification testing
- Strong working knowledge of components design and manufacturing process to apply to final product concept
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills including the ability to perform and train others in root cause analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and experience working closely with direct customers.
For Apply This Job – Click Here