The Boeing Defense, Space and Security, Space and Launch division is seeking an Entry-Level Rotors Design Engineer (Level 1) to provide support to the Rotors Program Capability Team (PCT) for Vertical Lift Programs. The Rotors PCT supports helicopter programs including AH-64, AH-6, and other proprietary programs. The Rotors PCT has product responsibility and active projects in all phases of the product life cycle including: new product development and qualification, production support, field maintenance support, and support of aircraft accidents.
This entry level position designs, develops, integrates and documents rotor system requirements into a system level design and/or process improvement. Rotor systems are subjected to structural fatigue, aerodynamic loading, and are dynamically tuned safety critical structures. We are looking for design engineers that are interested in developing strong communication and leadership skills to pull together information from a wide variety of supporting engineering disciplines into the goals of the project. This includes team participation with aerodynamics, structural dynamics, material and process engineers, manufacturing engineers, and structural analysis engineers. Rotor system engineers document the results of the project in a variety of formats depending on project type. This can be a new or updated design in 3-D Computer Aided Design tools (UG-NX/CATIA), or it can be a process improvement investigation documented in a report or slide briefing. The Rotors PCT takes an active role in coordinating and communicating the project results for the multidisciplinary team. This entry level position will work under direct guidance and mentorship of a technical lead engineer supporting varying projects in all phases of the product life cycle as determined by business need. The Rotors PCT encourages rotational assignments in all phases of the product life cycle to build experience as rapidly as possible. This position is located in Mesa, AZ.
- Supports the development and documentation of mechanical and fluid system and thermal environment.
- Supports the development, maintenance or modification of system designs/proposals to provide design documentation and high-level requirements to downstream users/customers.
- Performs limited detail design development and modification of mechanical and fluid system installations.
- Supports team in performing spatial integration at system or component level and modification of mechanisms/landing gear/ordinance systems.
- Assists in preparing technical documents for mechanical components and systems.
- Assists in supporting proposal preparation and new business development efforts.
- Works under close supervision.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Experience or knowledge of aircraft structure, materials and properties, design criteria and processes.
- Experience or knowledge of structural design principles and practices from requirements to production and product support.
- Experience or knowledge of computer aided design tools and processes.
- Experience working with mechanical systems.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Experience or knowledge of Aerospace platforms.
- Experience or knowledge of Unigraphics NX and CATIA CAD systems.
- Experience or knowledge of design release system such as Team Center – TcE; and Product Data Management – PDM.
- Experience effectively communicating both written and verbal with multi-discipline teams.
- Experience or knowledge of design for manufacturing for structural composite components.
- Experience or knowledge of design for manufacturing for machined metallic components.
- Experience or knowledge working in manufacturing.
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience. In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Apply For This Job- CLICK HERE