The Package Engineering Leader is responsible for driving savings in transportation, materials and product installation through packaging optimization for all GE Healthcare modalities and facilities in the assigned region(s). This includes inbound and outbound packaging ensuring defect free deliveries while also driving the 3R’s – reduce, reuse, recycle for cost savings and sustainability.
Key responsibilities include:
- Providing packaging expertise for product protection and efficient transport & delivery.
- Identifying opportunities for cost savings based on chargeable weight for transportation.
- Driving the identified opportunities across P&L’s and ensure savings are tied to ledger.
- Insuring 100% compliance with all global packaging related regulations.
- Providing support for shipping hazardous materials.
- Supporting GE Healthcare’s Global Packaging Requirements document.
- Providing guidance for global standardization, consistency and quality compliance.
- Working with engineers early in the new product development cycle to affect product design for efficient and economical logistics.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial Engineering or related technical degree and 3-year experience or Associates Degree and 5 years experience.
- Knowledge of the global transport environment for surface, air and ocean distribution.
- Knowledge of global material handling equipment and practices for large products.
- Knowledge of global hazardous material shipping regulations.
- Good computer skills, specifically using Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate using English.
Apply For this Job : Click Here