Site Engineering Lead
Leadership role with a progressive and growing organisation
Contribute to the overall delivery of the company’s major projects
Central West Perth location & Relaxed office culture
From locomotives, trains and trams, to rail infrastructure including electrification, communications, control systems and signalling systems, Siemens has a comprehensive range of solutions to enable safe and accessible mobility across Australia and New Zealand. As well as rail transport, we also offer solutions in airport logistics, postal automation, and intelligent transport technologies.
The Siemens Mobility division has an exciting opportunity for a Site Engineering Lead to join the MRX Mobility team, based in our West Perth office.
Reporting to the Head of Customer Service this role is mainly site based with the expectation of travel to customer sites both domestic and international. Your main areas of responsibility will be;
- To manage and oversee the engineering and technical teams both domestic and international, ensuring the activities on site are aligned with the project’s specification, company’s strategies and local regulations;
- Plan, coordinate and supervise the Installation, Commissioning and Testing activities for the Company’s systems in a safe manner;
- Performs the commissioning of components, systems and solutions on site;
- May be required to lead installation and commissioning staff in functional matters;
- Preperation of reports and documentation of the results;
- Analysis of the system behaviour and interaction of single elements;
- Execute the hand-over to customer personnel and their briefing;
- Contribute to producing detailed installation management plans.
- Interface with the customer and relevant stakeholders to guarantee access to site for the installation and testing crews on time;
- Establish best practices to ensure optimal performance and achievement of defined SLA’s;
- Ensure quality and timely delivery of support services to customers, not limited to design specification, documentation and preparation of work on site;
- Management of sub-contractors;
- Involvement in technical design and developments for service offerings
Skills & Experience
To be successful in this role you will possess the following skills and experience:
- 7+ years’ experience in leading an engineering operation mechanical, electronic & software engineering, infrastructure, construction or technology systems industry;
- Engineering degree as a minimum.
- Experience in design, procurement, installation and commissioning of reliability systems;
- Verification and Acceptance Tests (QA) experience is mandatory;
- Demonstrated experience in meeting customer requirements to ensure a high level of satisfaction;
- Experience in building relationship cross function and multi-geographical teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, coupled with proven experience in Test Plans, Test cases and Test Reports;
- Ability to present to customers and key business stakeholders.
- High degree of EHS awareness for both self and team;
- Knowledge of Design Engineering process.
- Current Australian Work rights
- Excellent communication skills
Apply for this job : Click Here